Monday, November 5, 2012

NATE SILVER: Obama's Odds Of Winning Have Now Hit An Overwhelming 86%

I stepped outside of my conservative bubble briefly last night. I had no idea the lefties were so convinced they were going to win too. Not being an Eeyore, but I was a little unnerved by it. 

Then I went over to Breitbart's and they were there in all there true to form vileness. I figured if they were so sure they were winning why would they be trolling at Breitbarts? 

*

My understanding is that all Silver does is compile polls that heavily oversample Democrats.

*

 When Romney is declared the winner tomorrow night the first thing I’m going to post on my Facebook page for all my liberal “friends” is “Nate Silver needs to send out his resume.”

*

 It’s clear that Silver understands numbers, but his underlying assumptions are subjective and shifting. The first red flag is the fact that he assigns a probability of victory. No pollster does that because that isn’t what pollsters do.

*

 Good grief. What an incredible degree of self-delusion, which is what I think it is. I don’t think he is lying, so much as he is a rabid believer in the Communist cause.

*

 
Aw man, really? 86% chance Obama will win? Jeez. I mean that’s a lot. I was gonna vote for Romney and stuff but if there’s only a 14% he’ll win, I mean, what’s the point? There’s gonna be long lines and waiting. And who knows what the weather might do. I’m so depressed. I guess I’ll just stay at home and watch TV.

NOT!

Does this guy think everyone is stupid? I saw people stand in line at Chick-fil-A for a couple of hours to buy a damn sandwich! Are all those people going to vote for Obama?

Obama shows up somewhere and 4000 people come out to see him. Meanwhile, Romney shows up at a rally and almost 30,000 people come to see him! Are those people going to vote for Obama, too?
According to this guy we should just skip the election altogether and name Obama “President for Life.”

I don’t think so.

Short of me ending up in the hospital for some reason I’m voting tomorrow.


I’ll be up at 4 AM, be at work at 6 AM, and leave work an hour and a half early at 4:30 PM to vote. I should get to the polling station around 5:15 if I’m lucky. Then I’ll stand in line. I don’t care if I stand there until after 8. I’m voting! And nothing this ding-dong says will change that!


(And I ain’t a votin’ fer Obama!(spit))

*

 The primary objective of his Kool-Aid is to convince Dems that all is not lost, and they should still go to the polls. The consequence will be that if Romney wins, there will be cries of there being an election-stealing conspiracy, leading to violence. 

*

 
My daughter uses Facebook for business purposes and she showed me a sample of the angry posts from liberals today declaring that Romney is going down, big time. Many say that Romney shouldn’t bother to continue to campaign. ???

If Obama supporters are confident that O has it in the bag, why are they so angry?

*

 
The ideal betting situation for bookies is 50%/50%...This is because the bookie requires 10% “vigorish” from a losing bet.

It seems they are showing that Obama should win by 80%/20%...What this shows me is they are trying to get MORE Obama bets by claiming his victory margin...The betting may actually be running higher for Romney than Obama and the bookies are trying to even things up...

*

 Ironically, I have a “model” that predicts an 86% chance that Nate Silver will be unemployed and humiliated within the next 48 hours.

*

 
I sure as hell hope he is wrong. with the polls all over the place and being so close :(

Someone is going to look really stupid Wednesday, I sure hope its not us.

*

 Democrats see reality through the prism of their delusions.

*

 In poker, when you’re gonna lose your ass anyway, might as well go “all in”.

5 comments:

  1. "Ironically, I have a “model” that predicts an 86% chance that Nate Silver will be unemployed and humiliated within the next 48 hours."

    IRONY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOOD NIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So one guy's metric for Nate Silver's breakdown being wrong is because people stood "for a couple of hours" for Chick-fil-A.

    Wow what an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. I guess I didn't realize you were still doing this. I'll have to keep an eye on here come Wednesday, it'll be glorious(or depressing).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to play poker against the last guy.

    ReplyDelete

  5. The ideal betting situation for bookies is 50%/50%...This is because the bookie requires 10% “vigorish” from a losing bet.

    It seems they are showing that Obama should win by 80%/20%...What this shows me is they are trying to get MORE Obama bets by claiming his victory margin...The betting may actually be running higher for Romney than Obama and the bookies are trying to even things up...

    Yes. That's it. It's all a bookie conspiracy.

    ReplyDelete